Stay at home mom...
should I or shouldn't I? (that was the question)
I have been going through trials this week.
A couple of sermons really spoke to my heart. I am not even sure how I started thinking about quitting my job and staying home full time. (Surely, it is the holy spirit guiding me. ) I have been praying for wisdom and guidance with this, as it not an easy decision. Many things to be considered, mostly financial.
I feel like I need to take control of my life, instead of my life controlling me. I guess it never bothered me before because I was living for the world. The rush rush of my everyday working mom life is bearing me down. I wake up DREADING going to work. Nothing has changed at work, I am the one that has changed. Since I have been saved, my priorities have shifted.
I was feeling unsure about letting go, so during my lunch hour today I read the bible for some direction. My bible has a handy reference guide, so I turned to the scriptures in the "looking for guidance" section. After reading a few, it was clear what I needed to do. Its amazing what putting your faith in God and reading the word can do. God is good.
I had already discussed my feelings with Johnny, and of course he said he would support me in whatever I decided.
.... and for even more confirmation, I get a phone call from my uncle today. He was calling to ask if I knew of any babysitters, since he wants to return to work. (he is raising his grandchild) A cowinky dink? I think not.
So thats where I am. I havent told my brother yet. Thats going to be tough.
I want to wake up in the morning ready for life and with a positive outlook. I want to spend the day with my amazing children. I want to be the one that serves them breakfast, the one that takes them to Tuesday morning puppet shows. I want to be the one to teach my daughter her how to write her name. I want my house to be in perfect order when my husband comes home. I want a healthy dinner on the table made with patience and love. I want clean socks in the sock drawers at all times.. I know, I know.. you get the point. :P
I know there will be many sacrifices... but they will be worth it. My treasure is my family, and I want to be the BEST for them.
I have a wonderful husband to count on (always have, but its more clear to me now) and I have Jesus.
God will provide.

6 comments:
Being a SAHM is great most days.;) I hope your brother is understanding.
WHOA Momma!!!! BIG decision!!!! I wouldn't ever change a day of staying home!!!! I HAVE A BOOK FOR YOU TO READ!!!!
The Stay at Home Mom by Donna Otto!!
You will LOVE it!!
*MUAH*
It *is* a big decision, but I am so ready for it. I am going to miss seeing my mom, dad and brother everyday... but thats one of the sacrifices. :(
I would love to read that book. I need all the inspiration/support I can get.
Thanks for being so supportive gals!!!!! <3
You won't ever regret it!!!
Jeni, please pray for Lori's (Lori and Payton) son, Kruex. He is in the hospital in really bad shape with several surgeries. Please, he needs prayer so badly.
OMGoodnes, OK. Bless his heart. I will definately keep them in prayer.
Post a Comment